Name: John Christopher Depp II. Born: May, 9 1963, Owensboro, Kentucky, USA.
THE MAN OF THOUSAND FACES
In the early years of Hollywood, more precisely in the years of the silence movies, one actor became famous by the characters that played in the screen: Lon Chaney Sr. With breathless performances and misrecognize make up, he was not only one of the greatest actors of his time, but receive the nickname of “the man of thousand faces”.
Johnny Depp is the modern Lon Chaney. Actually, no one actor in activity has a career like Johnny Depp, with so many stupendous performances living the most strange and outsider characters. Enjoy the gallery.
1. A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET (Glen Lantz), 1984, directed by Wes Craven.
2. EDWARD SCISSORHANDS (Edward), 1990, directed by Tim Burton.
3. CRY-BABY (Wade ‘Cry-Baby’ Walker), 1990, directed by John Waters.
4. WHAT’S EATING GILBERT GRAPE (Gilbert), 1993, directed by Lasse Hallström.
5. BENNY & JOON (Sam), 1993, directed by Jeremiah S. Chechik. With Mary Stuart Masterson.
6. ED WOOD (Edward D. Wood Jr.), 1994, directed by Tim Burton. With Martin Landau.
7. DON JUAN DEMARCO (Don Juan), 1995, directed by Jeremy Leven. With Marlon Brando.
8. NICK OF TIME (Gene Watson), 1995, directed by John Badham. With Christopher Walken.
9. DEAD MAN (William Blake), 1995, directed by Jim Jarmush.
10. FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS (Raoul Duke), 1998, directed by Terry Gilliam. With Benicio Del Toro.
11. THE NINTH GATE (Dean Corso), 1999, directed by Roman Polanski.
12. SLEEPY HOLLOW (Ichabod Crane), 1999, directed by Tim Burton.
13. CHOCOLATE (Roux), 2000, directed by Lasse Hallström. With Juliette Binoche.
14. FROM HELL (Inspector Frederick Abberline), 2001, directed by Albert Hughes and Allen Hughes.
15. PIRATES OF CARIBBEAN – THE CURSE OF THE BLACK PEARL (Jack Sparrow), 2003, directed by Gore Verbinski. With Orlando Bloom.
16. ONCE UPON A TIME IN MEXICO (Agent Sands), 2003, directed by Robert Rodriguez.
17. THE LIBERTINE (John Wilmot), 2004, directed by Laurence Dunmore.
18. FINDING NEVERLAND (Sr. James Matthew Barrie), 2004, directed by Marc Forster. With Kate Winslet.
19. CORPSE BRIDE (Victor Van Dort – voice), 2005, directed by Tim Burton and Mike Johnson.
20. CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY (Willy Wonka), 2005, directed by Tim Burton.
21. SWEENEY TODD – THE DEMON BARBER OF FLEET STREET (Sweeney Todd), 2007, directed by Tim Burton.
22. PUBLIC ENEMIES (John Dillinger), 2009, directed by Michael Mann.
23. ALICE IN WONDERLAND (Mad Hatter), 2010, directed by Tim Burton.
24. THE TOURIST (Frank Taylor), 2010, directed by Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck. With Angelina Jolie.
25. RANGO (Rango/Lars – voice), 2011, directed by Gore Verbinski.
26. PIRATES OF CARIBBEAN – ON STRANGER TIDES (Jack Sparrow), 2011, directed by Rob Marshall. With Penélope Cruz.