It was 34 years ago. We were taken to others places as Hoth, Dagobah and the Cloud City. We were introduced to Yoda, Lando Calrissian and Boba Fett. We learned much more about the Force and about who was Luke’s father. C-3PO told us about the chances of surviving an asteroid field…
According to Wikipedia, following a difficult production, “The Empire Strikes Back” was released on May 21, 1980, and initially received mixed reviews from critics, although it has since grown in esteem, becoming the most critically acclaimed chapter in the “Star Wars” saga and is considered one of the greatest films ever made. It became the highest-grossing film of 1980 and, to date, has earned more than $538 million worldwide from its original run and several re-releases. When adjusted for inflation, it is the 12th-highest-grossing film in North America. Read more about “The Empire Strikes Back” on Wikipedia and IMDb.
To mark the 34th anniversary of the release of “The Empire Strikes Back” in cinemas, I ask how much you remember about Episode V:
Use the Force! If you fail, the answers are in the end of this post.
01) ‘I’ve found them… repeat, I’ve found them’ were the words that signalled that Luke and Han were found after their night in the frozen wastes of Hoth. But what was the call sign of the officer who said it?
a) Rogue Two
b) Rogue Three
c) Rogue Five
02) Deep inside the Hoth base, Han tells Leia: ‘You like me because I’m a …’
c) Nerf Herder
03) According to C-3PO, what are the odds on successfully navigating an asteroid field?
a) Three million to 1
b) 3,720 million to 1
c) 3,720 to 1
04) To which Han replies:
a) I’ll take those odds
b) Never tell me the odds
c) Then I’m a dead cert, kid
05) Why was it impossible for the Millennium Falcon to go to light speed?
a) The hyperdrive motivator was damaged
b) No-one could remember how to do it
c) Han accidentally blasted the hyperdrive motivator
06) On Dagobah, who does Luke see in the vision in the cave?
a) Obi-Wan Kenobi
c) Darth Vader
07) ‘I don’t believe it,’ says Luke when Yoda raises his x-wing from the swamp. How does Yoda respond?
a) Believe it you must
b) I don’t believe it either
c) That is why you fail
08) On Dagobah, after a training session with Yoda, Luke Skywalker sensed a cold feeling coming from a cave. What did Yoda reply when Luke asked him what was in it?
a) Only what you take with you
b) Your destiny
c) Your fear
09) And in what material is Han frozen?
a) Carbon dioxide
c) Carbon monoxide
10) Which of Luke’s hands is cut off by Darth Vader?
a) His left hand
b) His right hand
c) Both hands
11)What insult did Princess Leia NOT use against Han Solo in The Empire Strikes Back?
a) Nerf Herder
b) Laser Brain
c) Junk Dealer
12) By her own admission, who or what would Princess Leia rather kiss than Han Solo?
a) A droid
b) A wookie
c) A Tauntaun
13) When left hanging below Cloud City, whom does Luke call for first?
c) Ben Kenobi
14) What were the last words spoken on Dagobah ?
a) No, there is another
b) May the Force be with you
c) I will return, I promise
15) Which actor did not appear in the original cinema release, but was edited in for the DVD release?
a) Ian McDiarmid
b) Peter Cushing
c) Alec Guiness
Answers for the Quiz: